Thursday, December 8, 2011

Can people know my online account passwords by connecting to their wireless connection?

Hi





Right now, I am connected to the Internet thanks to the wireless router of one of my neighbors. His internet access has no password so that's why I am able to connect. I was just wondering, could the owner of the network I'm connected to right now know the pages I'm visiting and possibly see my online account details whenever I access my accounts (especially my passwords to my email, social networking accounts, etc?)





Many thanks!|||You should have nothing to worry about if you don't steal or abuse your neighbours internetconnection. Your neighbour pay for you so you can pass by his house and his router with your stuff and he may not see wat it is? You must be kidding.|||No. A router would just share internet access.





But, if you have turned on the network file sharing on your computer, he/she/they might be able to see it (whoever is connected to the same network).





But anyway, that would be less likely to happen since your neighbor didn't put any password to his internet and that's a stupid thing.|||I know their are some Hackers out their that purposely have their wireless router open to anyone, I don't know how but I know they can get passwords, credit card details, anything!





If you are on someone else's router, you can secure your self more by using VPN software, basicly you are connecting to a Secure VPN through their router, so instead of sending passwords etc. through their internet, you will be sending it through a VPN.


I don't know if that's the most technical of ways to explain it, But it know it works.





I have watched gadget show before and they where talking about this. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment