Monday, December 12, 2011

What if you put in a correct account number but the wrong routing number?

I recently tried to make an online purchase using my account number and routing number. However, I realized that I put in the correct account number but an incorrect routing number by accident. The transaction went through, but I was just wondering if the transaction will actually go through or will it be returned saying the information was incorrect. Basically, I want to know if it is possible to be billed for something if you put in the correct account number of your checking account but the wrong routing number. What happens? Thanks.|||It should be kicked back out as either the routing number will be invalid, or the institution the wrong number belongs to will reject it stating that the account # and account holder name do not exist with them. Whatever company you made the purchase with should contact you soon to alert you that they had problems with your payment info and that either the order was cancelled or you will need to re-confirm the info.

No comments:

Post a Comment