Monday, December 12, 2011

How should I maintain my bank account in quick books?

I have a small business and i do business with a bank checking account for my business. In quick books, to pay a monthly electricity bill, should I debit the electric company and credit the utilities account or credit the cash account?|||You debit the utilities expense account and credit the cash (checking) account.





The electric company will simply be the "vendor".





Hope that helps. :0)|||Do i need to open a cash account in quickbooks so that i can credit it in such cases?

Report Abuse


|||Your cash account is your bank account. So, for instance, if you're using the check register function, all you would need to do is enter the electric company as the vendor and utilities as the account affected. The register function will automatically credit your account for the check.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment