Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do I restore a user account on my windows xp computer?

Ok, so. I made a guest account, and deleted the main one because it was having issues. The guest account is like a admin one now though, but the thing is, there is no WMM on here like there was on the old one.. I've also realized I lost my iTunes, stuff I need for school and, everything! Do you know how I can restore the account?|||Technically speaking, you can't. Check in:





C:\Documents and Settings\





and if your old username is there, then your files still exist, lucky you! You can get all your files from within that folder.





Otherwise, chances are the system has deleted them, in which case you need to download file recovery software and pray most of your files can be recovered. This process is awkward and slow, and the more you use your computer the more files get overwritten!





My advice is to NEVER mess with accounts without transferring your files or having a backup first! (not enough people keep backups... it only needs to happen once...)|||You can't, the profile (account), and all it's personalized data is gone when you deleted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment