Thursday, December 8, 2011

How long does an account have to be active before i can file bankruptcy?

If i have a credit account that is only 2 or 3 months old, can I file bankruptcy on it? Is their a time line for accounts? My other credit accounts are 1-3 years old. This specific one is fairly new.


Anyone know?|||If you blow it off in seven years the account will become stale and not reported or collectible.Your credit is going to be shot anyway,so why bother with the bankruptcy. You can't get out of student loans and taxes.Bankruptcy is very difficult these days, and they may find you can pay it back, anyway.This and having you're record trashed while paying an attorney--ridiculous! Approximately 25 years ago I did it myself paying the filing fee (then $60) and filled out all the forms myself .I got a hearing before a Federal judge, everyone looking at me funny, "Where's your attorney?"the judge said. I said I'm representing myself. The judge asked me several questions seemingly testing me on the matter and concluded, "You've seemed to do a better job on this than a lot of so called attorneys I've seen here." He gave a hard stare at the one who was before me. If all you have are simple unsecured loans its easy .If you are upside down on your car note, you'll lose your car .My car was worth more than what I owed I told the judge, so he sent me on my way.Saving a rip-off attorney fee--PRICELESS!|||Yes you can file bankruptcy on any debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment