Thursday, December 8, 2011

When you open a barclays savings account you need a passport to prove identity at the branch?

I have a current account and plan on opening a savings account online. Don't think I need to prove identity as I have logged into my account. What do you think? Which is best savings account?|||yes or a photo driving licence|||I have a current account with Barclays and when I opened an e-savings account I just applied online and didn't need to provide any additional identification (after logging into my account), but when I opened an ISA in the branch they asked for personal and address identification.|||You may need a personal password and logging details to open anaccount on-line. They may ask your current account details for identity incase of fraud. For savings account to my view try a building society. if you live in UK try Newcastle building society. RECOMMENDED BY ME.|||Go to T, S B.|||generally, anything gives better interest than Barclays|||dont go to barclays, they are crap, try a building society|||You need to provide ID when opening any bank account. It is the law to prevent fraud taking place.|||I have 3 current accounts and 3 savings accounts with various banks.. Also have ISA and bonds and unit trusts... Have never had a passport.. I believe I was once asked for a ulility bill. That is all .|||I work for barclays and they give good saving account. You do need photo ID, proof of address and maybe your national insurance (i think if you are getting your wages paid in). A passport, citizen card or driving license should do it.|||Barclay's have had to borrow 拢1.3 Billion from the bank of England. A load of senior execs have resigned. Alarm bells are ringing!!!!!! Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.|||You need certain forms of identity to open any bank account, usually a current passport or driving licence, and two utility bills/credit card bills or council tax bill as proof of address. Once you already have an account with a particular bank you dont have to keep supplying these forms of identity, but you can merely go ahead and open an additional account. Can you not speak with your investments advisor at Barclays who will, I am sure, point you in the right direction with regard to your savings requirements. I think it depends on what you need - whether you might want to make regular savings or the odd lump sum investment. A mini cash ISA might be an alternative where you get your interest tax free. National savings and investmen ts offer the best interest rate on mini cash isas at the moment. Shop around - but if you particularly want to stay with Barclays, make them do the work to keep your business and pick their brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment