Sunday, December 4, 2011

How do I block an account on my computer from using a program?

I have two accounts on my computer. One for me, and one for the rest of my family. I recently installed a program on my account that I don't want the other account to be able to access it or even see that its been installed. I have Windows 7. How would I go about doing this? My account is the admin account.|||Right click the program and go to properies then Security. (Make sure you not using a shortcut)





1) click edit


2) give yourself full permission if you dont already have it


3) remove the everyone group


4) add the name of the other account and give it deny full control





Now the other account will never be able to use it. *Note* If the other person is set to be an administrator they can change all of this if they know how.... if not don't worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment