Sunday, December 4, 2011

How can I open a new account with Charter after an old one was sent to collections?

I have an old account with Charter that went to collections about a year and a half ago due to an outstanding balance and equipment I failed to return. Today I called to open a new account and was approved. Will they add the balance from my old account to my new one? How can I be approved if the old account (which was also under my SSN) was sent to collections? I fully intend to pay the old account but am suspicious about the new account. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.|||Chances are the old account was sold to a collection agency and Charter doesn't show the previous account on their books. Although they may come back and ask for a deposit based on your credit history.|||If they don't come across the old account. then leave well enough alone. If they do eventually pick it up, they probably cancel the new account and start sending you notices about the old account.

No comments:

Post a Comment