Sunday, December 4, 2011

How do I keep my gmail account to use for youtube after I close an account?

After I closed a youtube account and then tried to make new one it said my gmail account is already being used for the youtube account I closed. How can I keep using my gmail account for youtube without having to make a new one? Is this possible?|||While I don't know the exact answer, this might be a workaround. One of the hidden features of gmail is that you can create extended email addresses. So, if your email address is "somename@gmail.com" you can tag on a + and any other text and still get emails. For instance, you could make "somename+newyoutube@gmail.com" and (1) it would still be a valid email address, and (2) you'd still receive your emails at the primary address of "somename@gmail.com"





You don't have to do any setup to enable this feature of gmail. Just choose an extension and start sending emails to it.





Caveat: since Youtube is owned by Google, they may be wise to this trick and prevent it. Other sites I've used it on don't prevent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment